My driveway is really small, can Supreme Seal help me? No job is too small for Supreme Seal. We pride ourselves in providing quality service to the average homeowner.
The parking lot in front of my business is looking a bit shabby. Can Supreme Seal help me? Supreme Seal welcomes commercial business. We can work with your schedule to avoid disruption. We can also apply the sealant in sections over a period of time to avoid disruptions to your customers. We can also apply marking to the sealed parking lot.
How often should I have my driveway sealcoated? In general, asphalt should be sealed every-2-3 years to get the maximum life. Maintenance interval will depend on wear, traffic, weather, spills, etc.
How long should I wait before having my new driveway sealed? It is usually best to allow new asphalt to cure 1 year before it is sealed.
Do I have to be home on the day my driveway work is scheduled? No, as long as the driveway is clear of all vehicles and obstructions, Supreme Seal can complete your job and send you an invoice in the mail.
How long should I stay off the driveway after it is sealed? You are advised to stay off the surface of your driveway for 24-48 hours after application. Actual drying time will depend on the weather, humidity and sunlight. Shady areas will take a little longer.
Will Supreme Seal secure my driveway after sealcoating? Yes. Supreme Seal will tape off the entrance of your driveway to prevent inadvertent use while you are gone.
Can I water the lawn after application? Be sure to turn off all automatic sprinkler systems and do not water the lawn next to the driveway for 24 hours before and 24 hours after application as the water will discolor the new surface.
Anything else I should watch out for? Chemical fertilizer has been found to cause staining of partly cured seal coat. Do not fertilize your lawn or garden 2 weeks before or after seal coating.
– Always avoid oil and gas spills on your asphalt service, sealcoated or not. Clean up any spills with soap and water.
– If you have a car dripping oil, place a piece or cardboard or plywood to protect the driveway until the car can be repaired.
– Make sure the car is in motion when turning on the sealed surface to prevent tire marks & scuffing of the sealed surface.
– When parking vehicles or trailers for extended period of time, place a piece of wood under the tires and tongue to prevent depressions.
– If you work on your car in your driveway, place a piece of wood under the jack, jack stands or ramps to prevent dents.
– Place a piece of metal or wood under side stand of motorcycles, especially in the summer sun.
– Asphalt is a flexible material and on hot sunny days asphalt is particularly vulnerable to depressions, scuffing and tire marks.